Looking for kid-friendly things to do in Quito Ecuador? The Interactive Museum of Science in Quito is the place to be and your children will love it. Quito is a family-friendly destination.
If you want your kids to experience the same magic on vacation, take them to Ecuador. From coast to volcanoes, dinosaurs to science museums, animals in the rainforest or Galapagos, there’s something in Ecuador for everyone. Quito & Ecuador is one of the most Kid-Friendly Places for A Family Vacation. Family vacations are a great way for children to explore the world and experience new things. If you’re planning a getaway with the whole gang, Ecuador’s most kid-friendly attractions are the perfect place to start. Stay meanwhile with us in Old Town Quito Suites.
Interactive Museum of Science – Quito
The Interactive Museum of Science, administered by the City Museums Foundation, is located in the south of Quito in the emblematic neighborhood of Chimbacalle, where the cotton yarn and fabric factory “La Industrial” operated from 1935 to 1999.
The site has been converted into a contemporary interactive museum for the dissemination of science and technology that stimulates the cognitive development of children, young people, adults, the elderly and people with disabilities.
IMS offers permanent rooms, temporary exhibitions and a series of activities conceptualized in projects that combine science, education and museum techniques, so that visitors become the protagonists of their own experience, while they play, wonder and learn.
Interactive Museum Activities
This Museum has 7 different rooms for children’s recreation and learning. Among them are:
- “GUAGUAS” ROOM: The “Guaguas” Room is an exhibition aimed at children between 3 and 8 years old, to bring them closer to the great biodiversity of plants and animals that inhabit the surroundings of Quito
- MIND ROOM: When you think about how your brain works, have you ever wondered what it’s made of? What’s the difference between men’s and women’s brains? Does the brain wear out with use? Or what happens in the mind when we sleep?
- Visitors to this exhibition will learn about the extraordinary complexity of the human mind, answer these questions, and question the habits they have formed in their day-to-day lives.
- LUDION ROOM: Ludión is an exhibition that shows classic physics in four major themes: electromagnetism, mechanics, energy and simple machines, present in 46 interactive modules that facilitate the understanding of the complex phenomena of movement.
- SITE MUSEUM: By 2018, this hall fuses history with technology and community to become an avant-garde scenario that rescues the intangible cultural heritage of the Chimbacalle neighborhood and the city of Quito.
- QUITO ROOM: This room offers the IMS public a renewed museum proposal that includes the emblematic projects that the DMQ Mayor’s Office is carrying out in order to live better.
Remember what a typical day in your childhood looked like? Probably not. But we bet you can vividly recall a family trip that blew your young mind.
Location: Sincholagua y Av. Maldonado Sector
Phone number: (5932) 2666 061 ext: 141
Schedule: Tuesday to Sunday, from 09:00 – 17:30 (last entry 16:00)
Infants (under 3 years old) Free
Children (3 to 11 years old) $1.50
Students with ID (12 years and older) $2.00
Seniors (65 years and older) Free
People with disabilities Free
About “Old Town Quito Suites”
Completely unique, individual “Bed & Breakfast” apartments of incomparable charm await you in Quito. The most unique and enchanting hotel experience in Quito with a gold standard in personalized hospitality. Located at walking distance of the old town, and with his style and Ecuadorian charm, “Old Town Quito Suites” is considered as one of the finest boutique hotels in Quito. Enjoy a luxury hotel stay at a top-notch location…
For booking with us: https://bookings.oldtownquitosuites.com/bookings/checkavailability/
More information about Old Town Quito Suites: https://www.oldtownquitosuites.com/