Cable car TeleferiQo: The experience of knowing Quito from above is one of the most important activities you can do in this city. TeleferiQo is located in Cruz Loma, this tourist attraction of the city is one of the highest in the world, rising from 3117 meters to 3945 meters. Not only the steep route of more than 2 kilometers is what you have to offer this place, but also the hike, hiking and climbing to the Rucu Pichincha volcano.
- TeleferiQo is one of the highest cable cars in South America.
- It opened in July 2005. It is both a tourist attraction and a gateway to hiking to the summit of Pichincha, an active stratovolcano.
- As of 2018, a photo ID is required to purchase a lift ticket, and the ticket stub must be retained for the return trip. This policy serves as a built-in alert system in case hikers do not return when expected.
- Many photo opportunities and observation points await tourists at the top of the lift. Additionally, there is a public restroom, a small cafe, and a few shops.
- It is one of the most important tourist icons of the city of Quito, a must for national and foreign tourists. It is one of the highest cable cars in South America, ascending from the Motriz platform at 3,117 meters above sea level to Cruz Loma at 3,947 meters above sea level.
- The trip takes about 18 minutes and you can appreciate all the splendor of the city of Quito, you travel a distance of 2.5 km. You will feel in your body the effects of quickly ascending a 1000 meter difference in level between the two platforms.
At TeleferiQo you have 6 different activities you are able to do:
-Trip on the gondola: The trip on the TelefériQo in Quito is a unique experience, which discovers new sensations every time. The view, as you ascend, reveals an unparalleled landscape of the city and the opportunity to travel over 2,500 meters in less than 20 minutes, to discover places of unparalleled beauty.
- Downhill: If you prefer the adrenaline rush of going down the mountain by bike, we offer you the option of going up in the cabins to the arrival station (Cruz Loma). There you will find several trails that will allow you to descend the mountain enjoying the speed that only two wheels can provide.
- Paragliding trip: For those who like extreme adventures, the slopes of Cruz Loma are the ideal place for a paragliding trip, and to admire the beauty of the city from above.
- Horse ride: For horse lovers, just a few meters from the arrival station of the cabins (Cruz Loma) you can find this service, and enjoy a ride through the grasslands and landscapes of the Ecuadorian Andes.
- Camping: At the Telefériqo in Quito you will find natural spaces for camping and thus feel the adventure of spending the night in the mountains. This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy sunsets and sunrises surrounded by mountains and snowy peaks.
- Climbing From the arrival station of the cabins, and after a walk of approximately 3 hours, you can access the Rucu Pichincha, a mountain that awaits climbers who want to climb its rocky walls and crown one of the most emblematic mountains of the capital.
- Hiking At the Teleférico de Quito, you can enjoy hiking in the open air, on the different trails set up for those looking for a low-impact sport and at the same time marvel at the view of the city, at over 4,000 meters above sea level, or admire the flora and fauna of the place.
The weather can change suddenly so it is advisable to wear the right clothing, a windbreaker, non-slip shoes, comfortable clothes that protect against possible rain and cold wind.
Suggested maximum time to go to the summit of Rucu Pichincha from Cruz Loma (TelefériQo arrival station): 11hoo
If you want to have a pleasant visit you should make sure you bring the following with you:
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Something sweet, because of the temperature
- Hiking shoes
Location: Fulgencio Araujo & Av. Occidental.
Phone number: +593 2222 996
Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 09h00 – 20h00
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday 08h00 – 20h00
Tickets : *PROMOTIONAL RATES *
Presenting the Ecuadorian ID
Under 18 years………………..$2.99
Senior citizens– disabled……$2.50
Fast Pass (applies to weekends and holidays) $7.50
**Children enter from 18 months
Under 18 years………………..$7.00
Senior citizens– disabled……$6.50
Fast Pass (applies to weekends and holidays) $11.00
Bicycle a rise………………$4.99
Bicycle all day………………$8.50
About “Old Town Quito Suites”
Completely unique, individual “Bed & Breakfast” apartments of incomparable charm await you in Quito. The most unique and enchanting hotel experience in Quito with a gold standard in personalized hospitality. Located at walking distance of the old town, and with his style and Ecuadorian charm, “Old Town Quito Suites” is considered as one of the finest boutique hotels in Quito. Enjoy a luxury hotel stay at a top-notch location…
Subscribe to our blog here: https://signup.ymlp.com/xgbumujgmgs
More information about Old Town Quito Suites: https://luxuryhotelsinquito.com/
For booking with us: https://bookings.oldtownquitosuites.com/bookings/checkavailability